Please see our enrichment timetable below for regular weekly sessions before 和 after school. There will also be a number of other initiatives across the year led by departments that will be advertised through lessons, 教室和集会.
We are aware that after 18 months of interruption 和 social distancing, teachers 和 students have missed the chance to take part in clubs 和 societies. 瓦德真人游戏在线app的出价很高, 由真人游戏官方app自己的员工管理, 和 we hope your child will take part in at least one enrichment activity a week.
Educational trips are widely used to enhance the curriculum 和 to extend experience. Previous trips have included the theatre, 音乐活动, 汉普顿宫, 大学, 比赛, 英语浸入式的日子, 科技之旅, 艺术画廊, 摄影探险, geography 和 biology field trips 和 a maths PGL as well as ski trips.
- From Year 11 we elect students leaders 和 one of their roles is to head up the school council with representatives from every form class. 这 is a committed team of students from all year groups, who represent views of the student body at meetings. Staff seek students’ feedback on a wide range of issues, 和 students thereby shape school policy 和 procedures. Elected School councilors represent the school at the Richmond School Student Council who contribute to local decisions.
- Around April in Year 10 our students apply for prefect positions for the following year. Approximately 75% of students have a role such as Year 7 buddy, music prefect or canteen prefect.
- Within form classes the students are elected to roles that include: council rep; eco rep; charity rep 和 sports captain.
- The house system offers significant leadership opportunities through the role of house captains.
Examples of Other Opportunities at KS3 和 4
- Approximately 75% of students in Year 9, 10 和 11 complete their bronze Duke of Edinburgh award, 和 a significant number go on to complete their silver award.
- All Year 11 students have the opportunity to achieve the Waldegrave Mayor’s Award (through volunteering their time 和 by completing a challenge)
- All students actively engage in charity work within their houses or the whole school. Each house has their own charity 和 we also support national campaigns 和 international campaigns. Fundraising takes place throughout the year involving fun activities. As well as raising money the students take an interest in the activities of the charities they support 和 also engage with the community through harvest boxes, 和 visits to some of our elderly neighbours.
- Waldegrave enter teams for a wide variety of sports 比赛 和 tournaments. 学生通过社团参与. Some of our most popular sports are rugby, football, netball, rounders, 和 athletics, cross country.
- Clubs 和 Activities: Activities vary year on year as the offer relies much on staff volunteering their time. These are usually timetabled for after school 和 the schedule is publicised on the school website. I
- Students who study music may opt to have lessons from our peripatetic teachers during the school day (on a paid basis)
- Gifted linguists in Year 9 have the opportunity to study a second language (Spanish or German) after school (on a paid basis)
- Opportunities come up during the year where students can step up 和 challenge themselves. Examples are through the BBC新闻报道; the Rotary Young chef; 和 比赛 in art; photography; debating; science 和 design as well as the great Waldegrave Bake-off.
During Year 12 (Wednesday afternoons) students are offered a choice each term to widen knowledge of the arts 和 cultural events; to be involved in sports or exercise for fun; to develop a special interest through a club or society; to engage in community project or fundraising activities. Many activities are facilitated by our own staff but some exploit benefits of wider partnerships with coaches 和 external visitors. The programme includes a range of competitive sports, the boy’s rugby team are sponsored by a local Twickenham company, 和 at time of print are unbeaten this season! We have also launched a girls rugby team 和 六年级 netball team.
- Oxbridge focuses events 和 support
- Volunteering in the local community
The EPQ carries UCAS points equivalent to half an A level 和 each student can elect to complete the course. It is not taught in classes but students have a mentor 和 some group teaching is done during the study periods. The course runs autumn to Easter of Y13.
Leadership 和 Other Enrichment Opportunities
Waldegrave 六年级 values voluntary 服务 和 students are expected to complete a minimum of 30 hours, thereby developing their sense of community, 责任, 领导与道德目的. We have developed local bonds with primary schools, 住宅, 和慈善商店, 举几个例子.
In 六年级 a small but significant team of students are elected to develop leadership skills through representing that student body. These students are elected in Year 12 和 form an important part of the whole school council 和 student voice in the sixth form. Sixth form students are invited to volunteer to represent the school at events throughout the year such as the sixth form open evening 和 Year 11 information evening.